Monday, July 13, 2009

KELLIE: a few thoughts....

Well, I am about to have a very well earnt bit of time off. This is a really great time for me to reflect on how far my dreams of my own studio have come along over the last 12-18 months.
I am still truly amazed on a daily basis, how fortunate I am to be able to work in this industry, that I actually love to work in, and more than anything, the people I meet and friendships I form is quite amazing! I love that as a photographer, you really are inside peoples most precious moments... from weddings to newborn babies, to childhood pics, it really isnt any wonder that I usually become very fond of the people who have invited me into their lives!
See, to me, apart from the obvious requirements of being a good photographer (ie someone who is capable to technically control a camera) there is another VERY important factor in my opinion... and I dont think it can be taught, but the ability to look beyond whats in front of you. If you cant form a relationship (of sorts) with the people who are asking you to capture the essence of them, if you dont have that insight into people, I dont know that you can ever actually get more than just a sharp technically sound pic - and for me, thats not good enough. I want to give people something that is raw and real, and them.

A photograph is memory in the raw. ~Carrie Latet

I think that in the digital age, people may forget this component of surviving in this industy. Its to easy to spend a few thousand on a DSLR, and start snapping away decent snapshots even when you dont understand how your camera works, or even if you shoot on auto settings! But, I think the key part of photography is simply something money cant buy, and that develops with you as you grow.
All I know, is, I had a passion, I still have it and at this point, I dont think it will ever leave me.
Thanks for reading, dont be scared to add your thoughts or comments!
Kellie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Staff Blogs

Followers

Twitter - come follow!

Become a Facebook Fan