Saturday, February 13, 2010

Some Kids Club..

Every Thursday we have a kids club sitting, which is mini shoots either in studio or on
location. As I have been completely slacking, I have picked out some favs to share with you all.
For more information on booking your children in for some simple and natural portraiture, please email kbphoto@bigpond.net.au

Photobucket

above: Sophie at the Gardens. This is one of my favourites because she is natural. Sophie is one of the most photogenic kids I have ever come across - I mean she has future model potential written all over her. I love that her hair is across her face and the strands are lit with natural light.

Photobucket

Above: Rory. Another location shot for kids club at the gardens. Rory was heaps of fun, and this is one of my favourite images of her. The blurred bamboo makes for a nice back drop without it being over powering. Simplistic portraiture - no fuss but high impact.


Photobucket

above: Noah. I find the biggest challenge with kids sometimes, is to get them to look natural. now more than ever, kids are photographed a lot at home. I was guility of this with my own kids at one point, and it got to the stage where they where incapable of being 'normal' infront of the camera! (think cheesy grins and not being able to look away from lens and also performing a range of different crazy poses!!) The trick is, you need to be able to catch the moment when they are distracted or they have forgeotten you are there. You usually get a millisecond, so you have to know the camera inside out to get a capture. Here is Noah's.


Photobucket

Above: Ella. This shoot took place at the Gardens also. Sam and I took our favourite green chair down and found the light we wanted. Ella is one of those kids who is full of expression. There was no shortage of opportunity for some unique shots with her. Her beautiful curls also helped to make the shot. The colour version of the image is sensational, but I always lean to sepia's and black & white with images that are so expressive, because it takes away the distraction of the colour and leaves only the raw emotion.


Photobucket

above: Bella. I met Bella as a newborn when I photographed her. This time we took her out to the gardens. Her blue clothing works really well with the green grass and ofcourse, who can go past those eyes? Bella's age group (1yr - 2 yr) are relatively easy to capture, because they are unaware of what your goal is and unlike some of the older kids, are much easier to distract. If you have happen to run into Sam and I on a childs session, you will be likely to see one of us dancing around like a clown so the other can get the shot... bring your camera cause a shot of that could be good for some sort of bribery!!


Photobucket

above: Charlotte. Miss Charlotte and I have a good thing going. She is such a sweetheart and instead of running away crying when she see's me, she gives me cuddles & kisses. Charlotte is Bella's big sister, so she was familiar with me. We always try to build a little friendship and trust with the kids we photography... just like adults, if they are comfortable with you, your images will be sensational - if people are not comfortable, it will show. This candid shot of Charlotte, I think is something to be treasured.


Photobucket

above: Maya. Some people might think this image isnt a very good portrait of Maya. She isnt looking, her tongue is out. I, on the other hand, love this pic of Maya. As a mother myself, the pics I cherish most are the ones, just like this. We have been shooting more studio kids clubs in recent times, mainly due to the mozzie problem at the moment. Even dousing yourself in repellant doesnt do the trick and especially with young ones you you cant spray so much, it has been a no go zone. Even when we shoot at the studio we try to only use natural light where possible. We are flash / studio light haters at Kellie Blinco Photography!!


Photobucket

above: Hunter. I love this shot of Hunter in the basket. I adore is wrinkled skin, that looks like a shirt he has to grow into. Hunter happens to be one of the happiest children who didnt blink twice no matter what we decided to do with him (we TRY not to harm the kids during their shoots, but there is something about putting babies in cocoons and pods that seems unusual) Ofcourse I am joking, we really are completely gentle.

Photobucket

above: Hunter. Yep Hunter again. I love his facial expression and just couldnt leave it out. His cute fluffy chicken hair also impresses me very much. What a cutie!


Photobucket

above: Preston. Baby Preston. What a cutie pie. Here is laying in the little green cocoon. I love the green cocoon because it makes baby blue eyes pop. This kids club session took place at the studio.


Photobucket

above: Dempsey. Miss D was a little unsure of the photography situaution she found herself in. She did however do great! Sometimes kids will cling to their parents when they visit us, and understandably - they don't know who we are. Dempsey did great when her mum Rhi could hold her, so we did a little creative covering and I got this shot. You can still see some tears in her eyes but she has a look on her face that she feels safe in Mum's arms.


Photobucket

Above: Harper. I didn't spend a great deal of time with Harper, as Sam mostly did her photo's while I worked on Dempsey. We gave the girls some bubbles, and Harper was great and was not at all fazed by the session. I grabbed this shot when i saw her. She is gorgeous.


Photobucket

above: London. London was not a keen subject from the very start. As I said, it must be atleast a little scary for the kids sometimes, when they come into a place they are not sure of anything.. Its quite a normal response. We try to spend a few minutes talking and playing with the kids to help them relax them. Usually this works, and calms them down. London was attached to her Dad Pauls knee. This shot was taken with her attached to her Dad. Turns out this is possibly my very favourite taken on the day. We never try to fight the kids on what they want to do... ever. Part of the deal of working with little people is using our skill to get beautiful pics no matter what the situation.

Both Sam and I feel very privileged to be able photograph the children of our clients. We always strive not just to give you technically good photo's, but to give you the memories to keep forever. What a great feeling it is for us when we can do this for you.

1 comments:

Closet Petite said...

Lovely :)

Post a Comment

Staff Blogs

Followers

Twitter - come follow!

Become a Facebook Fan