Thursday, September 24, 2009

Baby Love

I really enjoy photographing newborns in natural light. I have a little space next to the studio with nice windows, its a little hallway and its a dump. People must have nightmares when I drag them in there for their pics - but, the surrounds don't make it into the photo, but the beautiful light is why I am there! People generally like to come and have studio type black and whites done of their newborns, which is fine, and people always love those, but I always prefer my time spent one on one with the baby , with the 50mm lens and real light.
This beautiful baby is Abigail. She was such a good girl! Babies can be challenging sometimes, but it just takes a little patience and you can always get what you need from them, because the thing you do want to capture is their innocence. And that's EASY cause that's all they know ;P

Photobucket

above: I like Abi peeking out from behind her arm in this one. She like most newborns forever have their hands touching their faces - its so new to them, why wouldn't they be intrigued!

Photobucket

I don't like props much, but simple things can add something on occasion without taking away from the subject

Photobucket


above: Chris gives Abi a little kiss

Photobucket


above: Chris has hold of Abi's feet. Then Sandie gives Abi some attention.

Enjoy xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Staff Blogs

Followers

Twitter - come follow!

Become a Facebook Fan