Monday, September 14, 2009

Julie & Ben and a spectacular orange wedding dress

Saturday 12th September ~ Ben & Julie
awesome orange bridal gown

On Saturday afternoon, I had the pleasure of photographing Ben and Julie's intimate wedding with Family & Friends at Canoe Point. Gina came along to help me on this wedding and, I think this will be the only time we will get to photograph a Bride in such a vibrant orange dress! Julie looked completely stunning as you will see!

The usual thing is to photograph the bride prior to the ceremony, so we went to Julie's to get some beautiful pre-wedding shots


above: Julie's little dog is her baby


above: I really adore this shot of Julie using window light. She looks so reflective, which, most brides definitely are on their big days


above: Julie walking down to her Husband to be, Ben. She looks so happy, this is what the whole day is all about!


above: couldn't bypass the light here! The hue of Julies dress just works on so many levels with green grass and the late afternoon light


above: Canoe Point it is obligatory to have a tree shot or too and I do have a favourite down there with my name on it (well not literally... yet)


above: One of my favs :)


above: Ben wasn't too sure about the whole plot to spin Julie round, and I think he got dizzy and had to counter-spin so he didn't fall over (yes I torture all my clients in this way)


above: love Julie's laughter in this one


above: a moment to recompose after all of that spinning


above: Well there is nothing better for the groom to do than lean on the broken down wood fence. Ben thinking he is having a rest when really, that was never my plan


above: Done on the beach now, at around 5.30, my favourite light of the entire day.


above: Julie is all smiled out so Ben does what a loving husband should do and gives her a hand :)


above: the wind really started to pick up, great for hair? not so much, but brilliant for showing of the amazing dress!


above: Julie was keen to take a few steps in the water for the sake of getting an amazing shot. It was worth it. Yay for my fearless bride!

above: I don't generally post many photo's of objects or decorations, while I always shoot them for sure, I prefer to talk about the human element and show my people pics. However, this cake is rather special and extraordinary. I should have picked out a close-up of the bride and groom sitting on the cake, but if you can make out with this pic, you will see - Cartoon Ben and Julie perched up on top... orange dress and all! Not only was the cake something amazing, the entire day was, Julie and Ben put a lot of effort into making it perfect, and it was, in every way!

Huge Congratulations Ben & Julie and happy honeymooning


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Staff Blogs

Followers

Twitter - come follow!

Become a Facebook Fan