Thursday, September 24, 2009

Blogs ARE important!

So here I was thinking, meh, why not start a blog? Be something fun to do and keep record of things I am doing. A photographer friend of mine Geoff Sinclair from Rocky, emailed saying good for me for starting one. And I dont think until I read this on Geoff's blog, I realised, that, yes, I am not just wasting my time, but I am doing something that makes sense!

Geoffrey Sinclair Blog » Wedding Photographer based in Rockhampton: "A blog is so important for any wedding photographer, as it shows people the quality of photographs that you can take at any wedding. A normal wedding photo portfolio really only shows that a photographer can fluke a good photograph once in a while, a blog shows that you can get consistent great photos at every wedding – including yours."

And its so true. Unfortunately, it happens that sometimes people who own a DSLR today, think they can cut it in the pro world of photography, but you know what, it isnt an easy job, and being able to show you are capable and consistent on every job is a huge huge part of being a photographer!

So cheers Geoff, your insight has given me an excuse to use more time I dont have to look after my blog. I like geoffs blog set out and I am now going to try and make mine look nicer buuuut Html scares me half to death so lets see how it pans out. eeeekkk

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Staff Blogs

Followers

Twitter - come follow!

Become a Facebook Fan